Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lost Legacy Resumes Its Services

At last I am connected to the Internet in Denver (Colorado) via Radio Shack's help (16th Street).

It may take some time to wade through my Internet general correspondence , including numerous trolls hitting on manufactured indignation (some of them 'withdrawn' by their authors; not censored by me), the like of which I have never seen before outside of first-year students in their little cabals.

The Summer Institute for the Preservation of the History of Economics at the University of Richmond, Virginia was a great success, composed of (serious) graduate, post-graduate students in economics, philosophy and history, plus many of the 'big names' in the disciplines represented, and myself, a humbler contributor of several interventions in the sessions and one paper ('The Hidden Adam Smith in his Alleged Religiosity') which was received very well.

I flew across from Washington (Dulles) to Denver this morning for the History of Economics annual conference. I shall present my paper again, but with the benefit of the positive comments and discussion from Richmond, and a growing conviction that I am onto something new in Adam Smith studies.

After Denver, I shall post my revised paper and set about a thorough treatment, perhaps book-length and in suitable journal formats.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home