Friday, August 24, 2012

Apologies and Explanation

I had a setback to my recovery programme on Wednesday night, necessitating a short sojourn overnight in hospital.  Now home, but I am feeling very tired and unsteady.   This event, hopefully not too serious, will slow me down a little.  
The first casualty of this situation looks likely to be my participation in the Annual Conference UK History of Economic thought at Keele University, England, on 3-5 September, at which I was to present my new paper:
“The Myth of the Invisible Hand – A View From The Trenches.”  
This is particularly disappointing for me because the participants are a cross section of European scholars interested in the history of ideas in economic thought, and while I would not necessarily agree with their criticism, they certainly test the robustness of ideas from their in-depth knowledge of various fields.
However, should any Lost Legacy readers be interested in reading my paper, I can send an email copy to you and would welcome your comments.
Meanwhile I shall get on with my recovery exercises, determined not to submit to irritating but I hope, temporary, difficulties.  One thing about hospitals is that you see very serious other cases, much further from recovery than ones self.


Blogger Unlearningecon said...

Sorry to hear that, Gavin, hope you get better.

6:00 p.m.  
Blogger airth10 said...

Gavin, get better!

I would like an email of your paper.

11:19 a.m.  
Blogger Gavin Kennedy said...

Thank you for your good wishes. I need an email to send my paper to you.
Post to gavin K number nine at gmail dot com.

2:03 p.m.  
Blogger SM said...

Get well Gavin, Hope to see you back in the "Trenches" soon.


3:33 p.m.  
Blogger Blue Aurora said...

Whilst I was late to hear of this news...I hope you get well soon, Professor Kennedy. Could you please e-mail the paper to me? I would like to read it.

8:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home