Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Invisible Hand Paper Published

My paper, ‘Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand: from metaphor to myth’, has been published in the on-line Economic Journal Watch HERE:

Professor Daniel Klein, of George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, has written a detailed and serious response which is published with mine (incidentally, his is the first serious response I have received to my critique of the modern and widely accepted version of the invisible hand since Lost Legacy appeared in Februaqry 2007, for which I am, of course, grateful).

I shall not rehearse just now the differences between myself and Daniel on this occasion, some of which I accept ('good reason by force must give way to better') and many more which I do not and they require further elucidation and discussion). Due to my lack of Internet connections in France, I have only just read Daniel’s response; hence, I shall require further study of it before commenting.

In the meantime, I urge readers to follow the above link, and to read both papers. Together, they should be considered as educational.

Several important economic, sociology and philosophy Blogs have picked up on the 'Kennedy/Klein' debate ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home