Saturday, February 21, 2009

Misleading Instructions: I try again

No posts yesterday. It was my birthday and the family took me to the races at Musselburgh, near Edinburgh, and dinner at Guiseppe's il Positana in Newington Edinburgh. At my age, birthdays are celebrated by people like no others...

A correspondent asks me how to find my paper : "Adam Smith and the invisible hand: from metaphor to myth", as have others on occasion.

Apologies, if you found my instructions unclear.

It is accessed from the Home Page on this site (the one you open when clicking on the site).

Near the top of the page there is a paragraph in Red.

Read through that and follow the invitation to 'click here'.

That opens a list of items. Scroll down until you reach this: "Letters to Editors and Articles"

You will find a list of items, including:

"The History of Economic Thought 40th Anniversary Conference at University of Edinburgh: Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand: from metaphor to myth: A Lecture by Gavin Kennedy".

Click on that - that's it!

I hope you find it interesting. Any comments? mail me at gavin At NEgweb DoT com.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Sorry Gavin, I searched in vain for the paragraph in red on your homepage. Could you not simply provide a link?

11:11 pm  
Blogger Gavin Kennedy said...

Gary
When you click on the url for Adam Smith's Lost Legacy that is the home page.

Down the left hand colume is a series of headings, beginning with 'Blog Outrages' and below that is a ehading Articles and Press. clik on that and scroll down until you find beside '3-5 September':
"The History of Economic Thought 40th Anniversary Conference at University of Edinburgh: "Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand: from metaphor to myth: A Lecture by Gavin Kennedy".

Open that by clicking it.

Presto.

11:07 am  
Blogger hishamh said...

Gavin, I reach your blog through the RSS feed. Clicking the homepage link displays the Blogger.com version of the homepage (http://adamsmithslostlegacy.com/BlogBlog.htm), not the Lost Legacy Homepage (http://adamsmithslostlegacy.com/). The latter has the links you are referring to, but the former is quite empty of links. I think this is the source of everyone's confusion.

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home