Thursday, June 21, 2007

Smith Would Have Called it a Brief Digression

Busy Day Today

I have not compiled any Blog material today, though I have some incidents to hand.

This morning I started closely examining a paper on aspects of Smith by a colleague and it took eleven hours, for my comments to be noted and transferred to a message to the author.

In one sense it was hard work as I was checking references and searching for quotations; in another it was enjoyabe to read a fellow scholar at work on aspects of Smith's life and work, covering ground I have not seen covered elsewhere.

Anyway, I am back to my 'Smith book'tomorrow - re-examining his growth theory and trying to 'rescue' it from neoclassical interpretations that dominate at present. Smith wrote about disequilibrium not equilibrium, etc.

I'll Blog on the waiting material tomorrow (Friday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home